Monday, December 12, 2011

Purple Sicily Cauliflower = Happiness

Funny, how purple cauliflower can literally make you feel happy. I can't help myself, isn't it just Gorgeous? 


It is such a perfect contrast to this day of grey overcast skies,and the creeping chill from all the mist............ and it's Monday, too. 

I don't know why Monday's seem to be difficult days for me. Many weeks I determine that this WILL be a good Monday, and some Mondays DO go better than others.  Still, Mondays have to be my least favorite day of the week.   

In less than the very best of humors, I went out to find a veggie for dinner, and instead I found beauty.  I can't help loving purple cauliflower.  This particular heirloom seed was shared with me last June, - Purple Sicily Cauliflower.  I didn't know just how much I would love it.  I really planted it just for fun and variety.
But I Do LOVE it,  it is so determinedly bright and cheerful in the middle of so much grey and brown.

Right there in the garden I stopped and I thanked God for reminders of Him, reminders of beauty and glory in the most unexpected places and I took a little soul lesson from my purple cauliflower. 

I found nourishment for our bodies, and for my spirit, too.

It really is the little things that make up the bulk of our lives.  I continue to learn what it means to truly live well and fully, and the answers are, most often, surprising. 

3 comments:

  1. Finding happiness in the midst of our days is one great way to being like Jesus.
    It takes a grateful heart to sing and smile in our "forever" days.
    Like what I am reading, just LOTS! - your mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. I don't make it here as often as I'd like, but when I do, I'm always blessed by your thoughts and photos. I wish we were neighbors. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading. You are always welcome here. Do leave me a comment or send me mail from my profile page...it truly inspires me to keep blogging. Have a lovely day!