Friday, December 17, 2010

Real Life Friday

It is so easy to forget to document everyday events. Of course, we take pictures of birthdays and parties and special projects. But the little things, the things that make our life what it is, these are so often forgotten. I think reading about a dear family who lost their little boy last week in a sudden freak accident has worked on me subconsciously and made me think about these little moments.  I take so much for granted, I really do.

This morning baby hung out in the office with her daddy so that I could get a few pictures of the boys while they did their morning farm chores. I think Lexie thoroughly side tracked her daddy and I know she just ate up all the attention.  He loves her to death.
  

K. feeding the meat birds

and the pigs
 Nick checking the nesting box for our one set of layers.


Ad and K filling the pigs water trough


Then we came back in doors and gave baby girl a bath....
which she hates....
and then snuggled her up in a towel which she loves. 


Isn't she just too cute for words?


 This afternoon we baked some sugar cookies and Duane popped out to shoot a couple pictures of us.


Ginger Studded Sugar Cookies

Mix thoroughly:
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups confectioner sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 tsp tangerine zest
1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger 
 ( I am ginger fanatic and love eating crystallized ginger and using it in various baked items.  I make it so that I don't have to be stingy with it) :-)

Blend in:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar

Cover and chill for 2-3 hours. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Divide dough in half and roll out each half to 3/16"
Cut into desired shapes and bake for 7-8 minutes or just until edges begin to brown slightly.


Now off to do laundry, and dishes, after all it is Real Life Friday.  Isn't it? LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading. You are always welcome here. Do leave me a comment or send me mail from my profile page...it truly inspires me to keep blogging. Have a lovely day!