Friday, July 30, 2010

Hospitality

Tonight I found a blog on hospitality that really inspired and challenged me. 

"Hospitality is {not} a Dirty Word "

My favorite quote from this blog:

"The biggest challenge that God has lain upon my heart through my journey to understand what hospitality is and is not, is that hospitality does not ask me to be impressive - with my home, with my food, with myself. Lay the measuring stick of perfectionism aside, and open your doors wide. Simply share with others what God has blessed you with – no matter what that is or looks like. When we choose to practice biblical hospitality we will soon learn that it is a lifestyle that spills from our heart."

 That I needed to hear again.  Why is it so easy to forget and turn our focus inward?  I'm glad for reminders, because I surely need them.


"When hospitality becomes an art it looses it's very soul." 
- M. Beerbohm


" In hospitality, the chief thing is the good will." 
- A Greek Proverb.

If you have never read
"Open Heart, Open Home" by Karen Mains
do try to get yours hands on it.  This is truly a great book and changed the whole way I look at opening my home.  It is inspiring and challenging at the same time.


1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts! Letting people in to see my house just the way it is is kind of like letting them in to see the real me and I don't like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading. You are always welcome here. Do leave me a comment or send me mail from my profile page...it truly inspires me to keep blogging. Have a lovely day!