Saturday, July 28, 2012

God is in Control, Even When it Doesn't Feel Like It


Wow, my last post really brought out some controversial feelings from quite a few people.  Not that that is bad, just surprising.

Just for the record, I still believe that God is the ultimate answer and that He is in control.  I also believe that God uses physical hands and feet and brains to minister to people.  I really don't believe that God would want us to "only read the Bible".

I haven't really shared the depth of what we have been living with and going through.  Given this fact, I realize that all this may seem extreme and crazy.  Actually, it is both of those things, our lives ARE extreme and crazy right now in more ways than one.  We needed/need help desperately if we are going to pull out of this intact.

It is only God that gets me through these days and I am keenly aware of this, and I promise you that carrying out the concepts I am learning is NOT easy.  This is HARD, HARD stuff and I have no idea if/when it will get easier.

Therapy on Monday went so well, and as warned, it has been a REALLY hard week around here.  I am jotting notes in a journal about each day and it was good for me to read back over the week and put puzzle pieces together that I had missed in the middle of all the mayhem.

We finally have extra security in place to keep everyone/everything safe, and that is a huge relief.

I am EXHAUSTED in every way, even though today was definitely our calmest day this week.  I think/hope that we are through most of the aftermath, but I am not sure that I am quite ready to head into round two.

Many of you have been praying for us frequently.  I appreciate your thoughts and your prayers more than you will every know.  Some of you took the time to write me lengthy emails of encouragement and I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for the love that I felt through you. Tears welled in my eyes more than once as I felt your warmth and love.  Thank you for being Christ to me in these difficult days.

2 comments:

  1. I love you LeAnn! Please call me sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving you and your family immensely! ...praying for calm to the raging seas. Krista

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading. You are always welcome here. Do leave me a comment or send me mail from my profile page...it truly inspires me to keep blogging. Have a lovely day!