Little Muffin is 7 months old today.
Overnight she has become opinionated and very vocal about her feelings. For the past several days she has made it quite clear that she is not interested in any supplemental milk feeding. Bye, bye Lact-aid and SNS. At the same time she has also started to sleep through the night. It seems that my dreams have come true and we are now solely breastfeeding.
She takes absolutely no bottles. I am working on get her to take a sip cup, but honestly it is just a toy at the moment. She would rather have little sips of from my big glass cup. This reminds me so much of Keishon.
She eats only a tiny amount of baby food, one soft egg yolk and one avocado cube each day. Occasionally, she will also have a bite of banana or applesauce or chicken broth.
She is doing GREAT in every way and has mastered ALL of the seven month milestones. So though she is tiny I am not worried, I know its genetic. Tiny packages are so much fun!!!!
- Rolls both ways (front to back, back to front)
- Sits with, and then without, support of her hands
- Supports her whole weight on her legs
- Reaches with one hand
- Transfers object from hand to hand
- Uses raking grasp (not pincer)
- Develops full color vision
- Distance vision matures
- Ability to track moving objects improves
- Responds to own name
- Begins to respond to “no”
- Distinguishes emotions by tone of voice
- Responds to sound by making sounds
- Uses voice to express joy and displeasure
- Babbles chains of consonants
- Finds partially hidden object
- Explores with hands and mouth
- Struggles to get objects that are out of reach
Social and Emotional Milestones
- Enjoys social play
- Interested in mirror images
- Responds to other people’s expressions of emotion and appears joyful often